We get some requests for cannabis tours and vacations here in Central Oregon and as most know, cannabis is now legal for recreational consumption in Oregon state. Bend has a plethora of ways to make a vacation out of this. We realize that for many, this may not be something of interest, and if that is the case, feel free to check out one of our other posts here. For others, Bend offers an exciting and safe place to experience legal cannabis. We aren’t going to continue to get philosophical about this, but a cannabis tour may be your thing and face it, it is here, and as many stumble on down their ale trails, you can just as easily do a cannabis walk without the hangover. Keep in mind that in Oregon, this is an adult (21+) activity. Here is a good breakdown of the rules you should be aware of when visiting.
FINDING THE RIGHT SET AND SETTING
Whether you are experienced or not, the place that you consume cannabis, the atmosphere and the people you are with can profoundly influence your experience. Thus a few suggestions are below along with a few things to keep in mind.
- Stay close to town (generally) and realize, you can only consume cannabis on private property in Oregon. You can not legally do this in public. If you are staying at a hotel and it is a smoking room, permissible by the hotel, you may be able to do this. Inquire with your living quarters, especially before you light up to ensure you don’t run into any issues. Smoking in public is not allowed and is a violation and can lead to a fine, that said, if you are discreet and do this away from crowds, generally you will not be noticed or bothered with.
- Ensure your accommodations allow for extreme relaxation. You should have access to the outdoors, a hot tub and/or a swimming pool, and TV/internet if you want to be able to just veg out.
- Have a good vibe, many local places have excellent “vibes”, you should ensure you inspect the location and its reviews thoroughly before reserving.
On an adventure like this, you might consider it a multi-day adventure. Spend your fist day getting acquainted with your Bend localities, mingle, shop, relax, eat, soak, swim, perhaps catch some music. On the second day, you may want to try attending an event, or for some more experienced folk, trying an outdoor activity like going for a hike. The key here is not to overdo it and stay within your comfort zone and have a plan on how to get back to your home base.
If you are looking to do a few more unusual things, here are some suggestions (remember it is illegal to drive under the influence and thus it is suggested you arrange transportation, we have Uber and Lyft here)
- Try a float tank at Float Central Bend: This is probably not for the uninitiated, but those that are Joe Rogan fans, he enjoys consuming cannabis in a float tank that he had a tank installed in his production facilities.
- Lava Lands Visitor Center can offer a transformative experience and really let you see and experience what Central Oregon is really like.
- Enjoy the Deschutes River Trail this trail is wonderful and has busy and secluded parts that are both far and near from town.
Attending events can be a big part of your time in Bend, thus if you are going to see a show, this can be a great complement to your visit and tour. Keep in mind not to overdo it and it is probably not a good idea to mix your tour with alcohol.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SHOPPING AND BUYING
A quick tour of shops might go something like this:
- Start with the flagship at Oregrown downtown If you are staying downtown, you can probably walk there and then have an easy walk into downtown or back to your location. They are perhaps the flagship of Oregon itself with one of the largest vertically integrated productions in the state.
- A visit to Tokyo Starfish can always be in the books, they have been around since the start, and offer good prices with a locals vibe. They are within walking distance of downtown or a short Uber ride. You can walk to the Old Mill and the Amphitheater easily from here.
- The Herb Center Known as Central Oregon’s Cannabis Superstore, they have an impressive operation and selections abound.
When choosing what to buy, you might mix between the three shops, starting with a roll, then buying some flowers and then perhaps some edibles. The simplest product and probably most purchased is the flower. These are literally the flowers of the cannabis plant. You can find a good buying guide here. If you opt to buy edibles or concentrates, take caution and ask your budtender for their advice. Generally, all the budtenders at these shops are well versed in advising customers whether you are a new or old hand. A word about edibles: Note that edibles, if you have not consumed them before, can provide a profoundly different experience than inhalation. Use caution when consuming cannabis in this manner.
Hopefully, you now know the basics of how to navigate around Bend if looking to do a cannabis tour. With that in mind, this should help you to ultimately have an amazing experience and find a unique way to visit Bend without feeling unsettled. You can always reach out to us and we can help set up your itinerary and work with you to find accommodations. As always remember that you have to be the judge of what you feel comfortable doing when consuming cannabis but it can be done safely and in a fun manner here in Central Oregon. One final mention, if you are completely new to this kind of thing, or you enjoy group tours, you should look at visiting Blazing Trails of Bend, they run a cannabis touring company.
Leave a Reply